Thursday 4 November 2010

Retro!

Ok, well today......I decided to tackle doing some Japanese on my face......

MERCEDES = メルセデス (say Meru-sede-su)



So yeah, here I am today in my T-shirt that say Konichiwa, my red shiny victorian-esque shoes from Office, my wonderful steampunk clock necklace, my absynth necklace and my red heart earings......which you can't see thanks to my hair =_=;;


So yeah.....here's メルセデス (say Meru-sede-su or Mercedes in English)

surprisingly enough I managed to get it pretty accurate, seeing as I can't write Japanese and how I had to write it backwards.......which normally is easy (not showing off, I really do find writing backwards on my face REALLY easy!) but like I said I cannot do Japanese so this was tricky as I wanted the symbols to come out right but at the same time I'm having to think about how people will see them and how to reverse them on my face...............still it looks awesome so I'm really pleased :-D


Better look at my necklaces........


See the T-shirt is saying konichiwa........I love the robot on this :) 


Heh, my Absynth necklace.....it even has the Le Fee verte label that EXTREMELY strong absynth has on......I loved this when I found it at Expo, I'm so pleased I bought it!!


Ah yes, for tonights entertainment I was venturing to the local Vintage shop......called Vintage, it's brilliant and on nights such as this they have hair sessions where you can have your hair styled from any era - so far I've had 80's and 70's........


Ah yes the lady of the Vintage manor as it were, Bridgette is brilliant........I love going to Vintage as she's always dressed up and you don't see people dressing up anymore :( also, just being in her shop makes you happy.......it's either the music, the clothes, the jewellery or the fact that all of that is in the same place.......I have no clue, but either way it always cheers me up! 


The amazing make-up they now stock......it's beautiful, all gold with red swirling art nueveau patterns for decoration on every single item........I was really tempted to buy a mini lipstick from the selection as it was beautiful and in all fairness it would probably last me longer than normal lipsticks, as I find the bigger they are the easier it is for the lid to hit something, fall off and then your bag is ruined and covered in lipstick (x_x)


One of the beautiful dresses on display, I loved this......


Another one!! I love anything that glitters, I think I get it from my mum? Either way, I thought it was beautiful.....very mosaic and well kinda Biba-ish.......


The jewellery wall that I always end up spending all my time infront of.........


Heh I actually bought some jewellery tonight, a bambi broach for my mum and some brightly coloured plastic star earrings from the 80's for me :)



I love the wall........the cherry blossoms have little gems inside them........the wall is coloured in gold as well, I don't know whether it's gold paint or some sort of gold leaf mix but it's a beautiful wall......


Ah yes, the hats and head decorations......I really tried to get my dad to buy me one of these, but alas he just looked at the robin and the stray orchid that stuck out of them and said 'no'........I will find myself an amazing hat though or headpiece.....I just feel like having something awesome and that feels like the right way to go...


There is always something beautifuly lurking in the depths of the racks, seriously this entire rack was amazing - it had glitter, leopard print, velvet, silk, tartan, embroidery etc.........I really do need more money when I come in here!!




Hehe TA DA!! I had my hair done in a 40's style tonight!! XD It looks so cool!! Why can't I do stuff like this???


I love how my fringe sticks out in this and how the japanese still goes with this look :-D


So SMOOTH!! It would take a miracle for me to even dream of doing something like this!! X(


Swirls <3


Heh, I was attacked by a scarf..........apparently it went with the whole look better than my T-shirt =_=;;




Here's the Bambi broach I got my mum, she absolutely loves it!! XD


So here I am......finally signing off, with a picture of me in the pub.........night everyone, hope I've inspired some of you......not with the drinking and pubbage of course, but with the face art.....after all I'm a good role model ;-p

Anyway, before I start laughing at what I just typed there I'll leave...
Tutty Bye! xxxxxx 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you lovely Mercedes for all the photos and kind words about Vintage!
    Lovely to see you at the Boudoir evening and I loved your 40s hair.
    Hope it lasts all weekend- plenty of lacquer should see you through!
    Love
    Biddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete