Thursday 25 November 2010

flower trim

Right......well here's todays!!!

Tada! Told ya I'd only leave you alone for a day......well, here's a special one as I ended up having a catch up with one of my oldest friends and she ended up turning into an interviewer with the questions she asked! XD Ah I've missed you Lanny, I'm really pleased you found my blog.....


Well here she is and she was my photographer for today! Heh, Leanne James an amazing textiles student who does costume work.......who has also told me that her dear brother has been reading this, so 'Hi Anthony, long time no see!' :-P

Well, here is a few areas of conversation that I found very entertaining during our coffees (Yes that is as in plural coffee's as it was so cold we ended up going into 3 different coffee shops!)

Ok, Question one was from Anthony- It was something like, how do you not smudge your face?

Good Question!! heh, well ok so everyone rests their face in their hands during the day it's one of those random things that we do normally.....I actually only rest my chin on my hand, which was a habit that I taught myself for such reasons as to not ruin my make up! Also if it's only on one side of my face, I normally will put the plain side of my face in my hand......
Plus, you don't forget that it's on your face so smudging is very rare - best way to explain is to use an example like if you never take off certain items of jewellery, you know they're there and naturally do things differently so as to not harm it, also you know straight away when they're not there anymore (yes I can actually tell now when a drawing on my face is starting to disappear in areas =_=;; )
It also helps with the type of eyeliner that you use.....for example the brand that I used to use would smudge really easily, especially if it got wet from rain etc, where as the eyeliner that I use now turns into a kind of plastic once I've put it on.....so it doesn't smudge and it won't run when wet, but as it turns into a plasticy material if you do by any chance touch it it will roll with the movement and simply rub off - so different eyeliners have different pro's and con's as far as staying perfect is concerned.....

Next Question - How long does it take me?

Ok, well......the longest time taken during this is when I'm working out what to do if I'm honest.....once I know what to do all I need is a mirror and I can do it in about 5mins, but if I had to do it on someone elses face it would probably take me longer like 15mins give or take......I don't know why, I mean I realise I'm wierd in the fact that I can look in a mirror and work out how to reverse the image for my face which really does speed up the process, but there are some that take longer even with that fact making it easier (art nouveau woman for instance - takes longer as it was an entire person)

Third Question - What was the most fun to draw so far?

Easy! Heartless knight everytime! (so far, that might change as I keep going!) It took me a few minutes, the colours are simple and it was the most fun to draw as I love the character design.....plus it probably helps that I had an awesome night out with that on my face with 3 friends....

Fourth and Final Question - What has been your favourite design so far?

My mask......the artist that inspired me is amazing, the way it looked once I'd finished was fantastic! I really enjoyed doing it as it was a complete on the spot design and the lace detail underneath really worked once I'd filled it with Glitter eyeliner by Eyeko......


Ok, enough questions for the day....here I am....dress from Oasis, top underneath from Topshop, necklace by Primark, Jeans from Dot P's and my boots that you can't see are Knee high riding boots....


As you can see I used the design of the lace trim on the neck of the dress for my eye desing....


Just a simple one for today, but it had a great effect.......I like doing things like this, as believe it or not drawing straight or curved lines on my face is very easy for me (not a clue why!) plus it had a kind of fan look about it.......I did almost carry it over my eye, but I desided to leave it as an under eye design for the effect of placing lace as a trim....

Well that's it for today I'm afraid m'dears! Hope you all liked it.......please if you have a question, don't ask it through people or stay silent, I do this because I enjoy it and find it easy - that doesn't mean I'll laugh at you if you want to know something, so if there's a question you want to ask just leave a comment and I'll get back to you hopefully with something that you understand! :)
xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment