Monday 8 November 2010

Collage

Ok.....well it rained and rained and rained and rained and...........yep, you guessed it it RAINED!! I was lucky my drawing didn't run down my cheek >.<  Still, I had quite a bit of work today so I couldn't take a picture till I got home.......so yeah, do forgive the state I look.....I got caught in the rain quite a bit today =_=;;


Well here I am.....bedraggled as it were :-p heh I'm wearing my Zara T-shirt dress, with long sleeved T-shirt dress from H&M underneath........jeans from Dot P's, Shoes from Topshop.......One necklace is a heart with gems in that my little brother bought me for my brithday ages ago, other necklace is from Frippery, the longer necklace is a Steampunk necklace........


You can see the necklaces better here.......heart = brother, 3 strings of beads = Frippery, long chain with bits = Steampunk.......
Sorry about my hair, it doesn't like the rain :)


Ok, the design today was to match my shoes and my dress...........roses for the shoes, a glittery skull for my dress.........this is probably the first drawing I've ever done that actually looks like a tattoo......


He even had little markings for his teeth......hope you like him, I wanted him to look realistic as a skull and not just a wierd circle that squidges at the bottom with to eye holes, a nose hole and crosses for teeth.....

Pink is a random eyeliner, black eyeliner and Glitter eyeliner from Eyeko


Ok, so I actually found a picture from earlier today that Carlene took.......luckily I look alright in this one ^___^;;


Oh yeah........well today was pretty interesting actually, but only because we were collaging!! I absolutely love collage when it's done properly.......or when it's done out of fandom ^___^;;

Anyway, this is my little piece of collage and before I show you all the close ups I want to explain why we were collaging today.......
You see today we were looking at Max Ernst who was a Surrealist artist who used collage - we were given a quote from him from 1962 where he says
 "Collage technique is a systematic exploitation of accidental or artistically provoked meetings of two or more realities which are different in nature on an obviously inappropriate level - and they spark poetry which spreads quickly during the convergence of these realities."

He created the Graphic Novel containing only Surrealist collage called "Une Semaine De Bonte" which although means 'A week of Happiness' has a rather.........dark and or twisted cover on the front.......really it's your own interpretation of what's happening on the cover, but I'd definitely say it's not 'a week of happiness'

We also looked at Paul Noble who creates 'New Towns' through huge 2 meter by 2 meter drawings on paper............I'd suggest looking at 'Trev' which he made in 1997 and how about we make a little contest out of this?? Hmmm? Ok, well if you do look up Trev and can tell me why it's called Trev before tomorrows blog (obviously I already know and shall be revealling the answer tomorrow!) you shall be declared on tomorrows blog as the 'Most Awesome of all Awesomeness that has ever been found within a blog!'

I realise it's a cheap prize........but meh, my contest, my rules, my prizes........goodluck!


Close up number one.....two mysterious lovers, with a burning London behind them........almost looks like a play with all the lines and circles around them......


Ah yes.......the smaller cast, as you can see it's a real mix of etching, poster work and modern magazine........



Even closer......look at my foreign legion, bravely making their way through this theater of Romance and Fantasy!


Ah the Performer and his girl hiding behind the framed beauty.....with two other lovers infront?!


Ah here they are!! The masquerading lovers, I think their dancing is leading to a closer end......but in a fantastical romance - anything can happen ;-)

And I'm afraid that that is all for today..........oh yes, a dear friend of mine has informed me that I have infact been writing the wrong farewell at the end of my blogs......well, just for you my dear I shall explain! I realised that it's 'Tatty Bye' but one of my favourite characters in the whole world speaks with a rather posh accent so when saying that certain fairwell it sounds like 'Tutty Bye' - I realised that that is not it's spelling but when you see 'Tatty' you say 'T-a-tty', whereas you're meant to say 'Tut-ty'.........so basically that's how my mind works and that's how I feel everyone elses should work......so as I wish for it to sound like the later I shall continue with my now beloved goodbye!

Tutty Bye Everyone! <3 xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment