Tuesday 14 December 2010

A whole week of BLOGS!!!! - Saturday!

Here's saturdays blog -

Right well not a lot of pictures taken for last weeks saturday I'm afraid...........infact for most of saturday I was stuck in a church rather than doing anything christmassy I was rehearsing with my choir for the choir concert that night.........but yeah so I spent an entire of a day doing that and then finally got a moment to just have fun round my friend Tom Sceats as he was having a movie night..............but yeah, so sorry for the lack of images, but I will fill you in on everything that happened..............


So basically stripy dress, black and white chess board tile necklace, red paddington coat, jeans and boots.............I'm a member of the adult and youth choir so I had to sit in the second row with the 1st alto's so that I can make a quick move to the front to sing with the youth......slight problem I'm a 2nd alto so I'm singing all the lower parts while the 1sts go higher (I can sing higher but I'm not a soprano....I'm close to being a mezzo soprano though just I'm still shakey on some of the really high notes......I am very loud and low is easy so I normally go for lower alto as it doesn't destroy my throat)
I was in high heels for the entire night and because I'm singing with both choirs I didn't get a moment to sit, so my feet hurt and standing became very boring throughout the entire concert............plus the percussionist had placed a wierd metal wind chime next to me so I had to try to move around it without hitting it everytime I was dashing between parts...............
It was good fun, but a lot of work and I found myself getting to the point of almost laughing during certain moments.........we got a lot of compliments though, so it was definitely a good night........




stripes on my eyes..........black eyeliner and silver eyeshadow.........

This it the basic idea......definite stripes for the eyelid and then smaller stripes for the eyelash area............

Ok, well when I finally got round Tom's I managed to hand out a few christmas gifts that were open then and there to my surprise..........I'm pleased Lucy liked her gift - I got her a purple metallic lipstick, small compact rouge and an egyptian musk burning oil.........hopefully the lipstick will look alright, she seems to have trouble finding lipstick that looks right on her so I went for a colour that suits her (purple) but in a lighter shade with a more glitter look so that it immitates lipgloss more than an actual lipstick as she doesn't wear over the top make up - it's more natural in a way.............Tom liked his gift - got him a dragon finger puppet as he's a fantasy and RPG person like myself so I knew he'd like it, also an old fashioned compass where the lid twists off to reveal the compass inside and there's an engraving of a poem that I like in the lid - it's the one about two different paths that this person could take and how he was the better person for the one that he took.............Danny liked his gift as well luckily - he'd given specific instructions that he was not to recieve any gifts from anyone as he is currently poor and can't afford to buy anyone a gift in return, so I made him a little creature out of red and blue socks that I named Clark Super as he's a BIG Superman fan and then got him two 50p button badges with superman on that I put on the creature.........luckily he really liked him!! But then we got into this whole discussion on how he owed me nothing but how could he give me nothing......I then explained that it could be nothing in a box or jar etc...that he then argued is him giving me a jar or box, I then explained that infact gifts are normally placed within objects so him giving me nothing would be the nothing contained within that object as he's not giving me a box but he has placed nothing within the box.............yeah we get like this when we start talking.............

Anyway, we ended up watching Beauty and the Beast (one of my favourite Disney Movies!!), Zombie Land, How to Train Your Dragon and Green Wing(?? or something like that :-S )

But yeah, that was my day..........pretty good all things considered..........

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment