Tuesday 28 December 2010

Splots and penguins

Wednesday and the 22nd......
Today was fairly uneventful other than having to get into town early to do all the christmas food shopping and to make sure that the cars had enough fuel as all the news was going on about doom and gloom (nothing different there then!) and how everything was once again running out on the countdown to christmas.........got a lovely coffee with mum and my little brother, managed to hand in a book that I'd managed to get a fine on for being late back to the library =_=;; I think I also bought my comics today........seeing as saturday when my ritual of buying comics is normally conducted was to be christmas, so yes today seemed to be a better idea to buy my lovelies............was good actually I got the latest issue of Chew, Curse of the Worgen (yes I like WoW), a one shot about Vork from the Guild, latest Bleach manga and another volume of Girl Genius to add to my collection :) Nothing makes me happier than having a decent comic to read, but that is generally on a saturday.........so normally once I have my comics, I'll venture for a coffee and then head home to live in my room for the entire afternoon just reading my comics in quiet........it's a lovely time, but it's also lovely to go back down and join in with my family - only problem is this is all normally on a saturday..........so I felt very out of sync, which ended up with me leaving my comics to lie on a shelf until christmas evening where I finally read them.........


anyway, todays desing was based on the lovely pattern found on my dress from Topshop :) these little flower looking things that I call Splots are very easy to do as long as you do everything you want to do with each colour first rather than doing one splot at a time and planning which colour to pick up next......
I used black liquied eyeliner, pink metallic Barry M, gold metallic Barry M, blue metallic Barry M.......it's also fun to leave gaps so your skin colour can fill in some of the splots layers.......


see?? they could be flowers, but they're far more spot ish......or splat ish.........either way, they're decorative, so I call them splots..........


and here I am in Starbucks.........one of my prefered coffee shops, but saying that I go into every single coffee shop in colchester so I suppose I don't have a favourite.........but yeah, Starbucks is definitely better at latte's than anywhere else.................


Oh yeah!! For christmas I emailed an artist that I like called Yuri Kore.........I love her art, it's just really beautiful!! So for a christmas present to my mum I emailed her requesting a portrait of my mum with a penguin (my mums fave animal...) luckily she said she'd love too.........so after a few emails, finding the price and finally paying for it and sending pics of my mum all I had to do was wait to see what she'd do..........this is the result that she emailed me!! Isn't it cute?!?! It's done from a picture of my mum when she was younger holding me as a baby, I love how her hair and eyes have been done.............it's all hand drawn as well! Plus Yuri dated it 25/12/10 as I told her it was to be a christmas gift, I can't wait to have it and get it framed for christmas!!! :-D

well, that's all for today! xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment