Monday 31 January 2011

Alice in Wonderland

Monday 31st January

Ok, sooooooooo..................all of last week was utter shut down on my life, as I stayed at home and just worked on my art for deadline........
Meaning I have nothing to show you for last week.......sorry, but my art is really important to me and I want to do well in it...............like I said last time, my deadlines are far apart and only happen once a year BUT they will happen, so as long as I keep up to date and keep posting PLEASE don't abandon me just because I miss a few days during a deadline............otherwise, if a few days are late then I was either away somewhere or ill - meaning they'll still be done and posted within a few days..........

Right, so after that small informational - here's today!

today I got to hang out with my friend Nikki, who works in London most of the time so I basically never see her anymore! So when she gets weeks or the occassional weekend off and comes down to Colchester, we normally attempt a small catch up.........



 here I am looking decidedly stupid, sitting in Nero's with dear Nikki filling my camera with 10 pics of this one picture because she thought it'd be funny =_=;;


first off, I did have a really nice picture of her.......not that this doesn't look nice! But she does look like a zombie here, anyway she decided to delete the pictures of her........so this is her punishment, as I wasn't able to save any other picture of her!


she REALLY looks bored with me ^_^;;


yeah, I look fairly insane............it was really funny as well, as earlier Nikki and I went to get lunch and we were both asked to show our ID as Nikki was getting a drink of something.........yeah, my ID looks nothing like me! It is me!! But it was me before I cut my hair and curled it, also the picture was taken when I didn't really wear a lot of make up......so my picture looks like this really normal quiet girl, heh so the woman kept looking up at me and down at my ID again and again.......kind of reminds me of when I have to show my passport to people in the airport =_=;; everyone's a comdian!
So yeah, I had to explain that I'd changed my look a bit since it was taken........luckily she understood and thankfully it was without the comment that I normally get in the airports, where all security think it's funny to say that 'women always change their looks, but yours is a bit extreme' =_=;;


today was Alice in Wonderland themed, mainly because I was wearing my mad hatter necklace and ring again from Disney Couture...........so yeah, this is basically my attempt at copying the illustration onto my face........I don't think I did it well enough, so yeah.......but at least I gave it a go! ^_^



Nikki commented on how plain it looked............so I think next time I need to add some colour to it to make it look right.......maybe :-S

===============================

ok, well I found thursday's picture..........which is a fairly bad try at a Repo! image, but at least I tried.........heh you can tell I'm starting to feel the effects of 2 hours sleep every night as I look dreadful! XD


meant to be Repo Man, who comes to reposses the organs of those in debt to GeneCo and who can't pay back their debts.............


ah yeah................I feel bad for missing out a week, so as an apology I will be doing the 7 designs that I had come up with for that week and posting them.........I'd worked out exactly what I'd wanted to do everyday last week, but like I said with my work it was just impossible to go through with them.........so yeah, keep an eye out as they should be up here during this week.......... :-D


here's some of the work I was doing for my deadline, thought I'd show you some particular pieces that took some time to do...........this is based on Max Ernst (?) who used Victorian etchings and illustration to make surreal collages that looked almost real............I love his work and made my own collages, but rather than leaving them I then drew from them using charcoal..........hope you like them!




as you can see the one above is where I started and this is how it grew..........I didn't have time to take a pic of this complete, but this was one of my favourites once I'd finished it :)



oh yeah!!! My cat has discovered that he likes playing snooker and pool...........but he doesn't see the point in potting the balls...........


yeah, everytime one of the balls fell in he tried to find and rescue it as his favourite toys are balls...........I had to post this pic as it was soooo funny when he did this, he didn't hurt himself by the way, he easily got his head back out he didn't get stuck and I did not force him to do this!! So no animal rights-ing me, as I did nothing to him and he was rather pleased that he now knows where the balls go! ^_^

well that's all for today...........night all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment