Sunday 2 January 2011

New Years Eve!!!!

Right well, this is the New Years Eve post.........
Normally I'd do something for the morning and then something different to go out with or alter the one that I've already done, but as I was going out to dinner with my cousins and then going out drinking with friends to bring in the New Year......well there didn't seem enough time to alter anything so I did exactly what I was going to have for the night in the morning..........



as you can see it's an old fashioned clock with the hands on midnight......with fireworks or as best as I can get eyeliner to look like fireworks shooting out from the clock.........



the clock was a really simple design, did the entire outline using black eyeliner and then filled in the leaves with metallic gold eyeliner - that was when I decided to fill in the rest with black, it just gives it a cinderella/gossamer look........


the fireworks are done similar to my Expo entry where I copied Roy Litchensteins old fashioned comic design - this is because when they go bang it is a kind of cartoony explosion, the only thing that allows it to looks fantastical is the fact that it glitters - for that effect after doing the outline of the fireworks in black eyeliner I filled them in with a bright colour eyeshadow and then covered them in a similar coloured glitter eyeliner...........



as you can see the clock's face is a pearlised/silver glitter eyeliner - I really like how this turned out, it has a real magic effect to it..........


well as of tomorrow - first of January, all sweets are contraband in my house........eating merrily during christmas and new years season is fine, but after that all things go back into moderation - or at least sweets do!


heh a little present to myself, Office has a 75% sale on all the shoes that I wanted this year......so guess what I bought?!?! heh yep 6 pairs of the prettiest shoes you've ever seen!! I realise it's a bit stereotypical for a girl to gush over shoes, but in all honesty other than comics and jewellery I am addicted to nice shoes......so meh!


My mums little pile......we ended up buying my nan a pair of these amazing high heels as well that she could wear to the meal tonight, but unfortunately they ended up not fitting her (the top was too tight to push her feet into :( I'm a size 5 and she's size 6, you needed size 5 to get your foot into the shoe and then size 6 if you wanted to walk around in them!) I will never understand shoe makers - just make a pretty shoe that actually fits the size you made it for, it's a very simple concept that people have been following for years........


Well here I am for tonight - both dinner and pubbage - wearing a dark green greekish dress that has a kind of cape attached to the sleeves so you swoosh everywhere, my leather jacket, black skinnies, the high heels that my nan was meant to have, my Ed Hardy clutch bag, tiger necklace and my feather hairclip, my two trollbeads and my Vivienne Westwood bracelet that was attached to her Naughty Alice perfume and two huge bangles.....


tiger!!! Looked soooo cool with my dress!!


my lovely clutch, it's meant to be folded over but I wanted to show all the embroidery on it :)


Hair clip!!!


Thanks to my hairclip you can see where my fringe kinks at the edges :S
Heh, met my cousins at dinner and the first thing my uncle says to me is that I look like a New Romantic - not particularly bothered if that was meant to be a compliment or a joke as I love New Romantics so that was kind of cool........was only when I got home the next morning that I realised when I looked in a mirror that he meant where the firework goes over my nose..........cause Adam Ant had that tippex line across his nose........that made my day, literally I was sooooo happy when I realised! :-D

=======================================

Now here's a strange one, my friend Miss Vicky Gray sent me an email of an artists work.........I don't actually know who the heck the artist is, but I think these are amazing I just had to post them to show everyone!!!
So just as a quick bit of information - these are not mine, I did not do them, I did not take the photo's and they are most obviously copyright to the artist and or photographer - but they are ever so good!
So do enjoy, I think for the first photo she sent me a joke about how I used to complain about having to sharpen pencils with a blade as I always destroyed said pencil, I think was -
 'If you think you're bad at sharpening your pencils, then when you see these you'll realise just how much you need to sharpen your skills!'
I think there was a pun in there somewhere =_=;;











just incase like me you need to take a second look - these have the letters of the alphabet on them :)







And that's it............I really want to find the artist for these as they're amazing!!!

==================

Right back to my blog!


heh about 20 mins to the New Year after much mucking around and conversations about beards, Sarah and I decided that if we could grow beards they'd be far better than the boys........this was us trying to see how they'd look............funnily enough thanks to my curly hair I'd either look like an old sailor or a dwarf..........Sarah with her straight hair looked like a strange martial arts master - according to Stringer Sarah looked very attractive with a beard, I believe that was an extremely sad attempt at trying to chat her up and it failed believe it or not (poor stringer :-P)


Stringer on the left, Sarah on the right - don't fall for how normal he looks, String is a game tech student and is probably the most randomest person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting......he's also the most pathetic when it comes to girls, poor deary! XD


Simon........the best person in the world to talk too if anything technical dies on you, he is extremely good with technology which is the opposite of me as technology seems to hate me unless it is a) understandable b) something that I had to make or put together first c) a game d) an iphone/pad
So yeah, if anything breaks avoid me at all costs!!! Aim for this guy!!


Chris! Who also does Game Tech as a student...........



When it was New Years, well all the karaoke kings and queens inside errupted and the entire Purple Dog came alive with all it's occupants singing 'We are the champions', 'Bat out of Hell', 'Angels' and 'Wonderwall' just to give you a few titles.......... 


and here's where I left the party.........a few friends got extremely drunk and were not quite sure what they were saying or doing - it got to the point where I was very bored and angry, so as to not ruin my festive mood I left for home to watch the last moments of Hootanany and catch the Top of the Pops 2 80's Special.........this was brilliant as I got to watch all the music that I love and adore!! <3 seriously thinking of having an 80's do for my birthday - would be EPIC!! XD

Well that was it, I hope everyone had an awesome New Years Eve and all brought in 2011 with the same life and enthusiasm that they wish to have in the new year!! Have an awesome Year everyone! ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment