Friday 21 January 2011

A Polyphonic Nightmare

Right well this is last monday.......there are no pictures of my face art in this blog as I ended up having a rather odd day and just completely missed out taking pictures for the blog..........but, I did take a picture of my work I had to do, as part of it I was really pleased with and actually quite proud of for a first attempt....the other kind of left me thinking I'd just broken every rule I had ever drilled into my very being - you'll see what I mean with the pictures............


Right well here are the results of my resin testing :)
I'm really pleased, the rose came out spectacularly and with just a bit of filing and smoothing over it'll look fab............


ah yes the little georgian boy came out well too :) only problem was that I didn't cover him completely so he has no face or front..........which is a shame as other than that it was a perfect mould..........




so I could get an accurate front I made a smaller mould of just the head to middle of the statue............it's a bit freaky though as the green resin I'd used originally had leaked a little on the bottom, so he lookes like he's materialising out of some green ooze underneath O_O;;



so far successful work and a happy day.....

Now onto the problem............I play the violin, bass guitar and sing..........so music is VERY important to me.........but I was instructed that so I could show use of more materials and media and allow myself to loosen up I should draw over sheet music............
I wouldn't have minded if it was a cheap modern composition by a student somewhere that I'd most likely never meet again, but it wasn't.............it was quite old music that a student had decided they wanted to throw away..............
Admittedly it did free me up as I followed the patterns of the music for how I should draw over it, but it also felt really taboo.......like I was doing something really horrible, which I was.......although there's been many a time during a concert where I've somehow gotten stuck on this one page AGAIN in some stupid piece that we'll never use again and I REALLY wanted to just scribble over said page and say it never existed..........but that's not what you do as that's giving up, instead you keep playing what you can until you're able to play it all...........so doing this work just made me feel like I was giving up in reality and made me bored? maybe disappointed? with the work I was doing, which wasn't fair to my partner as we had to do a piece that connected both our works and well she really liked it and all I did was look at it and go - I guess I like it?
So yeah............a work combining two different patterns and works, to literally create my own personal polyphonic nightmare.......hence the title of this post =_=;;







I actually liked these, but I'd never class them as art and therefore so no point in doing them :(





Well that was all for last monday folks.........sorry the blogging's late, I have a lot of work at the moment that I need finished for next friday.......but I'm trying to catch up with as much as I can........

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment