Monday 31 January 2011

Eyes

Right, onto the 18th January Tuesday.....


My wonderful T-shirt dress from H&M which inspired me for today..........


so here I am, again in my belted boots, my t-shirt dress thing, my cardy with the studs and my spotted hair bow..........



see the T-shirt dress says 'the one eyed red-head' so I thought well that's a bit boring and added a few eyes to my face.....

black eyeliner and blue metallic by Barry M



these are extremely comfortable boots, that are kinda piratey/highway man..........so I adore them!



my lovely hair bow that was my mum's in the 80's




oh yeah, to match or to confuse to two sides on my face - my lipstick was half and halved........so the odd side with all the eyes and spiky eyelash decore is red lipstick which is a theatrical but normal colour, then the normal side has my blue lipstick that in all honesty I used to wear everyday until going to Sixth form and being told by my friends that I looked like I was dieing from the cold...........
This is kind of me going well I like it and I don't care, also my friends are now extremely used to how I like to look and dress so the colour is no longer as shocking as it used to be for them.........infact most of the time when someone says something mean about me they stick up for me, or scare the person away......I don't actually care, I mean it's Colchester after all and the people here are only just used to the sight of goths in town, so I'm a flipping freak show when I walk around :)



ah yeah, remember monday I showed the latex mould with holes? Well this is the end result of placing it in a glass so the mould would stay straight and the resin would dry without spilling............apparently I hadn't blocked all of the holes, so it leaked into the glass which ultimately died for the greater good of my experimentation that is art..........I'll miss it, but I have so many pint glasses now that really it was just cluttering the cupboard..........



I couldn't get all the glass off and smashing was the only definite idea I had to tackle it..........so I called mum and she came over and decided to attack it with kitchen utensils..........why I hadn't thought of this I have no idea, but it worked and left me with a frankenstein kind of shape......not what I wanted but well, practice makes perfect right? or is that practice makes the glasses disappear? :-S


I really like this look.definitely halving my lipstick again and the eyes turned out really well!


Oh yeah!!! Look what I found!!!!! XD
While going through DeviantArt to read a fan comic called GND that I've followed for ages now, I noticed two new characters in the latest posts.... a Graverobber and a Shilo.........
Ok, so let me first explain about the fan comic, it's mainly based around the idea of all fictional or movie based characters being in this appartment block.....as an example Sarah and Jareth the Goblin King from the Labrynth.....in every post it's explained that none of the characters are hers, but the comic is.....
so it really is a fan comic, that explores what happens to the characters and the interaction they have with other characters, like Elizabeth Swan from Pirates of the Carribean is obviously with Will Turner but whenever she bumps into Legolass or Sweeney Todd she gets really confused and De Ja Vued because those characters are played by the same actors in her movie and therefore look similar to Captain Jack and Will Turner.........

but yeah, so I read the posts with these characters in and was intrigued as I'd never heard of Graverobber or Shilo before so at first I thought it was  TV series from SyFy or something that I hadn't seen.......so I searched them up on google and wow was I surprised.........they from an epic movie called Repo! The Genetic Opera...........
The minute I found it and saw clips on youtube, I was hooked.........it's a brilliant and clever movie, that I wish had more publicity behind it as it's the kind of movie that you wish people would create!
I mean, for a quick kind of understanding about it I'd say think Sweeney Todd meets Rocky Horror Show, with the definite theme of they're the baddies and they're the good guys that you find in the Moulin Rouge...
I hope that hasn't confused you!

So uh, yeah, visit their site => http://www.repo-opera.com/
and give them a look up on youtube, or do the super awesome thing that I did and order the DVD as it's a movie that you really will kick yourself for not watching if you don't get it........

that's all for tuesday byes xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment