Tuesday 1 February 2011

Vines and prints

1st of February

Well today I had nothing to do for the morning as I was meeting my mum in town for coffee in the afternoon.......was really nice as my nan turned up too, but yeah for the morning I was basically kicking about the house with my dog fast asleep next to the raidiator and not moving and my cat following me like a lost sheep and then disappearing to sleep next to windows or on rather unbalanced piles of objects around the house...........


so todays theme was based around green, as the dye in my fringe is pityfully trying to survive and really only the green is succeeding.......also my roots are starting to show where my fringe has grown out slightly, reminding me that my natural hair colour is basically black =_=;; is it bad that I forgot that?
I honestly thought it was a dark brown colour...........meh, nevermind! Also my jumper thing is meant to be rainbowy but is mostly green............so yeah, pretty much a green theme going on today.....
So I drew some vines with grape leaves twirling down from my eye...........


so here I am in my jumper thing from TopShop that swamps me but keeps me warm........with my chunky bead necklace that gradually gets bigger beads towards the bottom......
it's funny actually as I was really happy today, but looking outside Loofers at all the people in Colchester walking by - I realised something.........the people in colchester recently are really moody looking.......whether it's because of the rain today (it normally rains, so really they should be used to it!) or because it feels like Winter ALL OVER AGAIN! (literally feels like it's going to snow again =_=;; )
everyone looked thoroughly blocked out - meaning everyone was wearing VERY dark colours
and everyone looked thoroughly depressed.........
but yeah, so there were a few who had some brightness about them......mostly girls though.......I saw one with Bright red hair, one with a shocking pink fringe and this one girl who looked like a traveller from a fantasy novel.......I count that as a good thing but I doubt she'd wish to hear that :-S


ok...........so the vine is pretty basic, just black eyeliner and some green glitter eyeliner......
the tricky part is get the vine to thin out and not fade.........so be warned if anyone attempts this O_O;;

heh see.......I also have Blue metallic by Barry M eyeliner on the underneath of my eye and fake lash, it's strange as close up it looks cool, far away it looks cool but normal talking distance makes me look all tired and weird looking :(



Oh yeah, so this is proof that I didn't eat anything...............
ONLY KIDDING!! heh as everyone who knows me by now would tell you, it's a normal occurance to take a photo of me eating.......luckily this photo was taken before I'd actually decided on eating anything, but yeah Humous and Pitta in Loofers is awesome so that was my lunch for today! :) Just incase you wondered :-P

==============================================

Ok, so yeah as I said I basically did nothing this morning so I ended up going through some old work from last year...........I really need to throw some stuff out, but in the midst of all that I found some photos of this work that I did as a laugh and because I became obsessed with print last year.........

Hope you like :)


so yeah, I actually looked into wallpaper and made my own.........this was a patch of a first attempt, so it's not perfect but then again I didn't want them to be perfect........all of them are hand stamped using a lino cutting that I designed...........


decided to try it actually on a wall...........turns out it's a lot of work to do this and it would have been a lot easier if I'd made it for a screen print as then I could have also made more than one print at a time.........but yeah, you need to experiment to learn what to do :)


wanted to see how it would look in colour........the black and white looks really old fashioned and these came out rather.........um...........story book-ish I guess?


heh, I ended up using the wallpaper I'd made to display these random pieces of work that I'd done.......my styles changed a lot since this, but I'm still proud of it........


this was one of my favourites...........I really love doing cross hatching drawings in ink, this is a photocopy of one of my drawings that I then carried on the lines to create a kind of stitched effect.........
I really liked how this turned out and it's rather strange when you look at it as it feels like the lines are threads pulling the image out of it's casing in the frame.......


some more odd little pieces that I'd stuck up.......the one of the left was an attempt to see and image within an image........the hand worked brilliantly but the white lines needed to be thinner........


so this was my little patch of a surreal victorian residence that was my working space.........eventually I had to take it all down, but I had really wanted to play with a semi installation where I'd create half a stair case at the bottom of the wall and probably a few inches of a table with half a lamp stuck onto the wall as well......
Shame I didn't really as it would've been fun and I feel it would have made a marvelous picture.......
Still, this was a great success and I'm pondering on turning it into a card or post card of some sort now that I've found it again..........

well as always.....thankyou for reading my rambling rants and bye bye
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment