Thursday 3 February 2011

100th Face art and Fish

Ok, well...........dare I say this is the 100th drawing I've done on my face? Why yes, I do!!

I'm really pleased.........I mean, when I started this I thought wow 365 now that would be cool..........I then started it and realised just how impossible that number seems sometimes when I have to think about what I'll do next............but thankfully after hitting my 100th drawing :-D I've realised I just have 265 days left!!

Anyway, let's get started with todays post..........



had to post this...........looking at the roses today and all of them have nearly had it and will have to be changed but there's still one that's full of life and was rather beautiful when the light hit it..........so here's a quick pic I took...........


So todays theme was based around blue.......and after Chinese New Year yesterday I thought I should do something based loosely around that, as I've already done a year of the rabbit design..........

but yeah, wearing my Darling dress in blue, my belted boots, pearl necklace, my little magnifying necklace and my heart necklace that my little brother bought me as a birthday present once........I'm a bit ashamed actually as I haven't been able to find it since after Christmas and according to my mum my little brother had to save a lot of his money before he could buy it for me :) which obviously makes me go awwww and makes me run about the house like a headless chicken trying to find it..........so you can imagine how happy I was when I found it today!


Well here we are..........in a kind of Chinese-ish theme and blue of course..........here's a little attempt at a fish swimming......the idea was to make it look like it had been done in ink, like the ones you get in the old drawings...........because I coloured in the water the fish sticks out more :)

I used black eyeliner and a metallic turquoise glitter eyeliner.........the turquoise matches my shimmer eyeshadow from Benefit so it makes it seem like he has swam quite a way.........heh I'm glad it turned out how it did, as I was worried it would look a bit silly seeing as I've never drawn a fish this well........normally I make do with the whole drawing a teardrop on its side with a triangle at the end, so this really is an achievement........

Well I'm glad I bothered to count my designs, as I think this little guy deserves to be the 100th as I'm Pisces and it will be my brithday on the 23rd so the fish is fairly important to me! But keeping with the theme of the Chinese Zodiac, I'm also a goat...........so if I do some strange mix of farmyard meets ocean on my face on the 23rd, do forgive me as funnily enough I have a tendency to go over board as any child does on their birthday :-P

Well ladies and Gent's...........that's all for today..............once again, not a spectacularly interesting post..........but the art is good, the idea definitely entertaining, the rants continuous and the posting late........so what more could you ask for?
thanks for reading :)

Byes 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment